3-1-1 is a Citywide Toll-Free Number to Information & Non-Emergency Services
3-1-1 is an easy to remember, citywide toll-free number that provides immediate access to information and more than 1,500 non-emergency city services. Calls are answered from 7 am to 10 pm everyday by 3-1-1 agents who are trained to provide information or refer calls for service to the correct City agency the first time. In order to provide world class customer service, 3-1-1 service is available:
- In English
- In Spanish
- To the hearing or speech impaired
- In more than 150 other languages through the use of language translation services
How Do I Access 3-1-1 Services?
Accurate information for service requests
3-1-1 agents process customer inquiries using the Citywide Services Directory (CSD) which provides accurate information for service requests such as:
- City Services: Garbage Collection, Non-Emergency Police & Fire, Business Permits, Street Maintenance, etc.
- City of Los Angeles Office Locations
- City Phone Numbers
- Public Meeting Schedules e.g. Council, Committees, Neighborhood Council Meetings, etc.
- Citywide Events
- General Information for the City of Los Angeles
The CSD is available to the public via the Internet at www.lacity.org and is searchable by easy to use keywords. Simply click this link to go there now: Citywide Services Directory (CSD)
Dial 3-1-1 One Call to City Hall
From within the City limits: Dial 3-1-1 from any wired telephone line or by Cingular wireless to connect with the 3-1-1 call center.
Calls from the greater Los Angeles area: Toll free (866) 4-LA-CITY
Calls from outside the greater Los Angeles area: (213) 473-3231